- The auction would offer fourteen 20- megahertz blocks of spectrum licensed by Partial Economic Area (PEA) service area.
- Auction 107 to commence on December 8, 2020.
On March 12, 2020, President Trump signed into Law the H.R. 4998 the “Rip and Replace Bill”. The Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act of 2019 will:
- Prohibits the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from subsidizing the acquisition or maintenance of telecommunications equipment or services from untrusted suppliers.
- Create a program to reimburse telecommunications providers with fewer than two million customers. These providers will remove equipment from their networks that poses a national security risk to replace it with equipment from trusted suppliers.
- Establish an information sharing program for telecommunications providers, particularly small and rural operators, to obtain information regarding potential security risks and vulnerabilities to their networks.
Applicants will have to submit an initial reimbursement cost estimate at the time of their application. Filing Dates TBD.
Link to H.R. 4998: https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hr4998/BILLS-116hr4998eh.pdf
- Budget- $20.4 billion to be awarded over 10 years. Up to $16 billion will be made available for Phase I of the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund auction, and the remaining Phase I budget, along with $4.4 billion, will be awarded for Phase II of the auction.
- RDOF Preliminary Eligible Area Maps: https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/maps/auction-904-preliminary-eligible-areas/
- RDOF will accept bids of four (4) performance tiers:
- RDOF will have two Latency Requirements:
- Eligible Areas:
- The Commission made eligible for the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund auction census blocks where no provider is offering, or has committed to offering, either via the CAF II auction, the USDA ReConnect program, or state-specific programs, service of at least 25/3 Mbps (based on Form 477 data).
- The FCC will publish an initial list of eligible census blocks, and, after a challenge process, the FCC will publish a final list of eligible areas.
- Auction 904 is set to take place on October 22, 2020